Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Aching

This March will mark the two year anniversary of a dear friends passing. Aaron was such a great guy. Sure, he gave me my fair share of teasing but I know that's only because he was losing one of his best friends to a...*gulp*... girl. Apparently it only meant that he approved of me (at least that's what Gavin tells me)
Maybe it's because the anniversary of his passing is approaching, maybe it's because we just visited his parents last week or maybe I just miss him; but lately I've been dreaming about him and I wonder why.
I believe that those loved ones who have passed are still with us. I also believe we will see them again someday. I like to believe these dreams are a way for him to let us know that he is ok. That he misses us and is thinking about us just like we are thinking about him.
If he was still here now, I would tell him that he is welcome in our home whenever he feels like it. I would razz him a bit and send him and Gavin out the door to go have some adventures. (Nothing too crazy, Gav) I'd give him the number of a cute girl I know and tell him to call her... Or else. I would let him play with Paisley and I'd maybe make him change a diaper. (It builds character.) And we would let him know that he is loved.
Aaron, we miss you. We love you and can't wait to see you again someday. You may be gone, but you will never be forgotten.

1 comment:

Melissa Lee said...

Lauren...Thank you so much for sharing your post about Aaron. I know you and Gavin meant the world to Aaron. I am so grateful that Aaron had Gavin as his friend for so many years...
Love, Melissa Lee...Aaron's sister.