Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Think I am Going Deaf

Ever since I was little, my family has told me that I have selective hearing...
I usually have a dazed look on my face and stare off into space while they laugh; then laugh harder when I ask what was so funny.
Mention chores? I dont hear it. Say something about chocolate or Disneyland? Oh i will hear that!
I thought maybe it was ADHD because sometimes I just cant focus... like right now, I've only written three sentences and I'm so distracted by all the other things I want to look up online. {Gosh just that took almost 5 minutes to type!}
But I realized I needed subtitles on movies, I started to wonder if I just couldn't hear what was going on.
I often find Gavin staring at me waiting for an answer and I didnt even realize he had just asked me a question. {To be fair, he does that to me as well. But I think thats because I have a soft voice. Whatev}
Maybe I just need to get my ears cleaned out. Get some harmony cones or something.

{I have never done them before, do they work? What are your thoughts?}



Photobucket


3 comments:

Nicole Mariana said...

Yes! Harmony cones! Get them! We will do them together!!!

Rick said...

What??

Autumn said...

You should look up central auditory processing disorder. What you described just describes me too ...subtitles and everything else.