Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Happy Birthday!!

Today I would like to talk about one of the most amazing, most wonderful and most incredible men in my life. . .
My Dad!



Today is my dad's birthday and I cant tell you how much I love and admire this guy. First off, he is super funny and so incredibly hard working and patient. I have always considered my mom and I to be really really close, but I consider myself a Daddy's Girl. Ever since I could remember, I always wanted to be like him. I would eat Ruffles potato chips and peanut butter and jelly sanwiches because they're his favorite. I would love eating my oreo's in milk because that's how he eats them. One thing I never knew for a long time was how my dad didnt like cheese or rice. My mom told him to never let us kids know because we probably wouldnt eat it either. Which was probably true.



Something about my dad is that he is a police officer, so you'd think he'd a stern tough guy. Although that is true some of the time, my dad is a big goofball. (As you can see from some of the pics below)



One of my favorite memories is before Gavin and I were engaged and Gav was coming to pick me up for a date. My dad came into the kitchen and whipped out his police hand gun and started cleaning it just minutes before Gav was supposed to show up. My mom and Iwere on him like white on rice. (Yes, the kind my dad doesnt like)

And told him to put it away.... NOW.



Another fun memory is when Gav and my Dad went out to dinner (without my knowledge) to ask for his permission to marry me. My dad had a tape recorder in his pocket the whole time, recording the entire conversation. After the engagement, Dad let me listen. It was still months before I told Gavin. :)
Good times, good times. :)

I think I can honestly say I have the BEST dad EVER!!!

Happy Birthday, Dad. I LOVE YOU!

































No comments: