Monday, March 14, 2011

Memories

I know we have posted a lot on Aaron lately, but honestly, its been such a big blow in our life. We miss him and this is such a great way to cope and help others as well.

This past weekend, we went to Aaron's funeral and it was such an amazing experience. Gavin had the opportunity to speak about his best friend. One thing he touched on was how Aaron wasnt just HIS best friend, he was many peoples best friend. He just had this magnetic personality that made people want to get to know him.

Gav had the opportunity to share several peoples fond memories of Aaron. There was definitely a healing power coming though his words.

After the funeral we were able to go to the luncheon. We enjoyed being with friends and being a support and a shoulder to lean on.

Aaron, I hope you know how many people loved and admired you. I hope you know how many peole looked up to you and will miss the crap out of you.

One of my favorite memories was when was in St. George about 2 years ago. I was working at the Hilton and I got a phone call from this "redneck" (I could tell it was him even with his lame accent) He started asking weird questions and how to get to my hotel. I wanted to give him a hard time but my boss was right there listening in on the call! Finally he asked what exit to take. I told him and also said that if you have gotten to Hurricane you have gone too far. He then exclaimed in a panic, "There is a HURRICANE?!" I busted up laughing and hung up on him. (Luckily by then my boss had left) So later that night, I told him he had gotten me in soooo much trouble and i might have lost my job. He felt so bad and offered to call my boss and explain. Ah... It was great to be the one pranking him for a change.

Those were some good times. And I only knew you for two short years, one thing I learned from you was to stay in touch and cherish every friendship in your life. You never know how much time you have.

I would like to thank all those in my life that have changed my life for the better. One of my favorite songs is from Wicked. The words say:

"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason; bringing something we must learn. And we are lead to those who help us most to grow, if we let them, and we hlep them in return.
Well I dont know if I believe thats true. But I know I'm who I am today, because I knew you...

It well may be, that we will never meet again in this lifetime, so let me say before we part, so much of me is made of what I learn from you. You'll be with me, like a handprint on my heart. And whatever way our stories end, I know you have rewritten mine by being my friend."




I will have Gavin post his talk soon.

No comments: