Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Blogger of the Week-Interiors by Kenz

After a crazy and busy week, I am BA^ACK!
And I have the lovely Kenz from the awesome blog, Interiors by Kenz guest posting today.
And she is blogger of the week because she is awesome. Hope you enjoy this awe-to the-some tutorial...
***


Hello My Happy Thought readers!  I'm Kenz from Interiors by Kenz, a wee little DIY blog.  We are currently in the process of over-hauling our 1980's eye-sore.  Most days I feel like a crazy lady with a miter saw and a paint brush, and I write about the crazy things I do.

Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite projects.  If you're on a tight budget like me, you'll love it for the same reason I do.  It cost me $0!  You read that right.  I paid nothing for this.  I'm going to teach you how to make VINTAGE MAP ART for the big goose egg.  




I was inspired by Restoration Hardware's maps.  They are eye candy.  I am lustful for all things Restoration Hardware.  Go look around, and you will be too.  However, I cannot justify dropping a mortgage payment on a map.  After taking matters into my own hands, I learned how to cope by making my own.

First, find your image.  I found mine hereI used this program to print it on several sheets of paper. Now, I printed mine from a laser jet printer.  If you are using an ink jet printer, your result might be slightly different.  (I have yet to test this method on an ink jet printer).  



After I trimmed the paper down, I modge-podged it to a spare piece of plywood 
I had laying around.  I proceeded to build a frame for it.  
You don't have to do that if you don't want.  
Just maybe paint the edges of your plywood and call it good.


After the top coat of modgey podgey was nice and dry, I put a couple picture hooks 
on the back and tossed it up on the wall, where it would remain forever.  


Ta da!  Wasn't that easy?  As easy as the girls on Jerry Springer.  If you'd like the full tutorial, including how to make a frame from your old fence, check it out here


Thanks for letting me share my free map with y'all.  Please come by and see me.  Snoop around.  It would be a pleasure to virtually meet you :-)  Peace and blessins!
-- 
Cheers,


Mekenzie Burton Crowder



Photobucket

2 comments:

Kenz @ Interiors By Kenz said...

Thanks for having me be blogger of the week! I'm honored :)

Christi Lynn said...

that is so cool!