Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'll Get You My Pretty-Blogger of the week edition

I have been dying to do something for awhile now and am finally getting around to it.
And that would be ...

I am super excited.
So today I bring you the darling blog, More Sister Stuff
Here  is what they have to say for themselves...

We are 7 sisters (well, 6 sisters and one in-law who we think of as a sister). 
We have always been close to each other and so now in order for us to stay close, 
even though we are far away, we have a blog, 
which we like to share fun finds, recipes, date ideas, 
crafts, and anything else we think the others will like. 

My favorite post they've done is the Book Date.

***

So I found an amazing blog that has tons of fun dates on a budget on Pinterest (LOVE Pinterest) it's http://loveactually-blog-ideas.blogspot.com/ So I decided to try one of them and we had a BLAST! 
We did the bookstore date night. 
And here's how it went...
we went to Barnes and Noble and we had a list of books to find. 
You can split up or look together. 
Find your books and then find a little nook in the store to share your findings. 
I had two sets of book lists for us the first set was:

#1 find a recipe to cook for your date
A: Peachy Dream Tarts (peaches are my absolute FAVORITE!)
M: Flaming Weenies (it was from a hillrious redneck cookbook)



 #2 Find a book that reminds you of your childhood
A: Walter the Farting Dog
M: Corduroy
If you'd like you can read them to each other also :)



 #3 Find a funny joke to tell your date
We told more that one, and it was fun, we just sat and laughed for a while



Then we got our 2nd list of books, split up and did it all over again.

#1 Find a new date idea to do on a future date night
A: Go to a concert
M: Play pool (I found a cool book that had a tiny pool set you could play on the cover)





#2 Find a quiz to take together
We went to the magazine section and looked FOREVER..but found nothing, which is odd because you always see quizes in magazines...so we moved on.

#3 Find a map or book of your DREAM vacation
A: Wonders of the World (he's already been to 3...lucky!)
M: I have so many I couldn't find something on Bora Bora, so I narrowed it down to Africa, Thailand &Italy





The great thing about Barnes and Noble is they have a
Starbucks in it..
so you can get yourself a delicious Strawberry Frappuccino;
 have dessert and you read your books. 
We would recommend a bookstore date night!

Michelle

***

Remember when Gav and I did this date? 
{here}
Pretty dang fly yo.
So if you get a chance, go check out their blog here.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Carlie said...

I totally did a similar date, but I like the extras they did (finding recipes). I'll have to try that next time!