Saturday, September 15, 2012

Heaven is Here


I just got done reading the book by Stephanie Nielson
"Heaven is Here." 
And I cant stop crying.
These tears are tears of joy and of love.
I was aware of her story and knew of the circumstances, 
but her book helped me understand it even more.
For those of you who dont know her story,
Nie Nie and her husband were in an airplane crash in 2008.
She was severely burned and their whole world was changed in an instant. 
Mr. Neilson was burned over 40% of his body and 
Nie came close to dying several times from the  burns covering  80% of her body.
But instead of giving up, she was determined to heal.  
Of course it was a long and painful process but she expresses her journey so beautifully, 
I couldnt help but feel the spirit all around me as I poured over her words.
Her faith astounds me.  
What an amazing woman and what an amazing testimony.
My challenges seem inconsequential and trivial compared to her harrowing journey.
I desire to see the world through her (devastatingly green) eyes; 
to see the beauty, the hope and the love that surrounds us everyday. 
I feel invigorated to be a better wife and a better mother.  
I vow to kiss my Mr. Gardner more often and sing him praises.
I will squeeze and cuddle my sweet Paisley girl 
every 
possible 
second. 
I will love those around me with all my heart.
I will choose to be happy even when its tough.
Life is too short to not let others know how much they mean to you.
Her story has most definitely strengthened my testimony.
I am so thankful for the knowledge that my family is forever
That there are angels living among us, on both sides of the veil.
Our Heavenly Father loves us and will forever be on our side.
Today, my heart is full.




xo
Photobucket

No comments: