Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pom Pom Tutorial


I would say I am a crafty person.
If you were to ask Gavin, he would say I am a crazy crafting lady
because I always am working on one thing or another trying to be all Martha Stewart-y.
Or like my mom. . .
 I think its ridiculous that I haven't really blogged about my projects.
Der.
So I have vowed to do better. 
Today I am going to show you how to how to make those adorable pom pom's that are all over pinterest.
I guarantee you've pinned them at least once.
They are super easy and super cheap.
Get ready. Get set. Go!

This was the pin that got me begging for these adorable decorations.

First off, pick out your desired color(s) of wrapping tissue.


For a basketball size pom pom, use two packages (20 sheets)
You can make smaller sizes by cutting the sheets in half. They will still be full, only smaller.

Step 1: Fan-fold all 20 sheets
Step 2 and Step 3: Fold in half 



Step 4: Cut ends so they are rounded. 
This will give the pom pom a scalloped look. 


Step 5: Tie ribbon around folded area. 
{Make sure its long enough to hang where you want the finished product!} 
Step 6: Separate the tissue individually on either side of ribbon, firmly, 
but gently pull away from surrounding pieces.


Step 7: Separate each piece of tissue on one side of the ribbon
Step 8: Repeat on other side creating a ball shape


Here's some more examples:


And here is the finished product!


And that is how its done. 
These are perfect for daily decorations, parties, anything really!
These are going above Poppy's crib asap.
Let  me know how yours turns out!
*** EDITED***
Here is the finished version of these pom poms... See 'em in action!

PS enter the giveaway HERE
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I just made these for my mom's birthday decorations. But that nursery picture makes them look adorable!

Vivian said...

I make "tissue flowers" a LOT. For all my parties in matter fact. Great job!

Lauren said...

Aww, these are adorable - great tutorial! I'm linking this post next week in my 'start your week off with' feature. I also can't wait to see what you get from The Sapphire Bee!

Lauren
http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Aww, these are adorable - great tutorial! I'm linking this post next week in my 'start your week off with' feature. I also can't wait to see what you get from The Sapphire Bee!

Lauren
http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

Paulie Antiques said...

What a cute DIY! I want to make these so bad! :)

love, polly