Thursday, June 28, 2012

Guest Post from Awesomely Awkward

I am so thrilled to have Jamie guest posting for me today.
If you havent seen her blog, go check it out now. (Link below)
I love her style of writing and her funny and witty comments.
Thanks so much Jamie!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning ladies! Jamie here, from Awesomely-Awkward. Today I just wanted to share with you some hair care basics… and with Lauren about to become a mommy, I thought now would be a great time to show you how to make your hairstyle last 3 days… Yep, you heard me 3 and no, I am not a dirty person.

When I tell people I only wash my hair twice a week, people look at me like I am crazy and or gross. While I do admit to brief crazy spells, I am in no way gross.

The next thing people say is, "I could never do that, my hair would be too gross."
Well my friend... I am here to show you how I make your hair last three days (even four if you're awesome).

First let me tell you it's ok to not wash your hair everyday. It's actually healthier. You see, shampoo has sulfates. Even I it says it doesn't, it usually has some other hair stripping thing in it. If it lathers, it does. Trust me on this, I'm a trained professional.

Follow me to the shower (not in a weird kinky way, perv). You are washing your hair. The key is to only wash your scalp. That's the dirty part. When you rinse, the shampoo running off will be enough to cleanse the ends. Washing the ends will only make them dry and brittle.

Now conditioner. I'm all for super soft hair but you only want to condition the ends. Your scalp makes its own conditioner. Putting more on it will just tempt Exxon to come pick up your roots. I only condition from about my ear down.
After all that, I style my hair… this particular time with a 1 1/2 in. curling iron but go crazy, do whatever you want!
Day One
Day Two
Day Three
The curls loosen day by day so it actually does look like different styles. If I find my roots getting a little greasy, I just spray in a little dry shampoo and I’m on my way.

Now tell me, do I look like a grease monkey? I’ll let you in on another secret… I’m not washing my hair today either. Do you think less of me now that you know my dirty hair secrets?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Isnt she hilarious? I love how she can make a simple hair post, comical and entertaining.
I know I needed this tutorial because lets face it, I hate doing my hair. The easier the better!
Let me know if you gave this a try and how your hair turned out for you.
And another big thanks to Jamie!
You are the bomb.com


Photobucket

No comments: