Friday, November 11, 2011

Special Day



Today is Veterans Day and I would like to take a second and thank all those who have fought for 'the things we have'.
Our freedom means everything and I cannot express how thankful I am for all those who have fought for that freedom.
I especially would like to thank my Grandpa Jones.
He is such a great man and I wish they lived closer so we can see them more often.
I know he has worked really hard in his life and I love and appreciate all he has done.
This is a little shout out to ya, Grandpa!
Love you lots!


 

Photobucket

7 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing this. it is good to always remember :) and your wedding picture is GORGEOUS btw. love it.

love,
elisabeth
ps. i'm hosting my first giveaway and i'd love for your to enter
http://lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-first-giveaway-40-of-free-digital.html

Unknown said...

Amen, Lauren. Well-said. We have so much to be grateful for, don't we? Your reminder was appreciated!
Heidi
MormonMomsWhoBlog

oh, and p.s. would you grab our button for your site? We're asking all who want to remain on our list to do so. Thanks much! And...happy rest of the day. :)

his little lady said...

this is so cute! what a great post girl. i think it's important to remember, especially when everyone seems to be talking more about the date itself then the importance of it.
xo TJ

Vivian said...

I love the four of you on that picture. I don't have a grandpa anymore but my husband does and I so appreciate all he has done and the example he is to my life. Have a great weekend my friend!

Alexis Kaye said...

wow your red cape is beautiful :) and I love that you pause to thank the veterans! 2 of my 3 brothers are marins plus tons of extended family! We forget sometimes.

Ariel Tyler Henley said...

love this!

Leanne said...

Aw, beautiful :) xox