Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mermaid Tales

This is Ellie. She works with me at Pirate and Princess Parties. She is an awesome Ariel AND a pirate. She has some pretty great stories and here is a few...
My funniest party memory was almost getting thrown into the pool by some little princesses because they thought if Ariel went into the water her tail would grow back. I was a little panicked at the time but it was funny afterwards.

My most memorable party, however, was for a little girl who's best friend was dying. Here friend couldn't move and she couldn't talk. Most of the other girls were afraid of her. The birthday girl gave the special birthday crown I brought for her to her friend and made her a special foam crown with all of her favorite colors. She put the crown on her head and told her "You look beautiful". The birthday girl never made a crown for herself. I had offered to make the friend's crown so the birthday girl could make her own but she told me no, she wanted to make it because it had to be special. I will never forget those girls names even though I don't think I should share them. Its parties like that one that remind me why I love this job so much.

We're all in a unique situation to be able to make little girl's birthdays and lives so special. We're "bringers of the magic". If we do our job right we leave twice as much happiness and magic in the house when we leave. But every so often, there are special little girls that remind me what real magic is. Their unselfish kindness makes them the true princesses and I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to rub shoulders with them.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Gentri said...

Oh that is such a great story!! :) so sweet.

P.s. Be sure to enter the giveaway going on over at my blog! :)

Unknown said...

SOOO jealous that you guys do that! I would love to do that but I feel like my acting skills are not so great hahahahaha Loved the story too, so sweet and caring. Makes you understand how close kids are to God sometimes ;)

Anonymous said...

SO precious! I love stories like this. You are so lucky to be a part of making a kids day extra special!

Kylee said...

so sweet! Man, you have the best job ever :)