Monday, September 19, 2011

Arrrgh Matey!

Ahoy me hearties! Tis National Talk like a Pirate Day!

You heard me right! TODAY is TALK like a PIRATE DAY! Being the curious Lassie that I am... I be curious what me pirate name would be... And this is what I got...
Captain Mary Rackham!
 Hmmm... Interesting. Want to find out yours? Go take the quiz here.

If you be curious what yer pirate name is click on the link above and let me know!

Dont know how to talk like a pirate? Here are a few tips:


Ahoy! - "Hello!"

Avast! - Stop and give attention. It can be used in a sense of surprise, "Whoa! Get a load of that!" which today makes it more of a "Check it out" or "No way!" or "Get off!"

Aye! - "Why yes, I agree most heartily with everything you just said or did."

Aye aye! - "I'll get right on that sir, as soon as my break is over."

Arrr! - This one is often confused with arrrgh, which is of course the sound you make when you sit on a belaying pin. "Arrr!" can mean, variously, "yes," "I agree," "I'm happy," "I'm enjoying this beer," "My team is going to win it all," "I saw that television show, it sucked!" and "That was a clever remark you or I just made." And those are just a few of the myriad possibilities of Arrr!

I just LOVE pirates! I wish I was a pirate... well if life was like it is on movies, I totally would.

Like I've mentioned before, my family LOVES Halloween and we LOOOOVE Pirates so we often have really cool Pirate decorations... Check it out.










So fun! Doesnt it make you want to go ride The Pirates of The Carribbean Ride at Disneyland?!
 Who else LOVES pirates? Tell me about it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh! And I am ALMOST to 100 followers and do you know what THAT means? GIVEAWAY!!! So tell your friends about me so we can get this party started!



Photobucket

No comments: