Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Happy Thought {by Shalei}

"Think happy thoughts and you can fly."

 --Peter Pan





This is my beautiful sister-in-law, Shalei. She is a talented singer, mommy, and friend. I am so lucky to have her in my life. She has three darling kids with one on they way and she is just bursting with Happy Thoughts.


1. Listening to Jamis sing 'Goodnight My Angel' by Billy Joel to my girls at night.
2. Snuggling with my kids and seeing their freckles up close.
3. Early morning bike rides and runs, when everything is just waking up... it's a sensory overload.
4. Baking, trying new recipes.
5. Singing. Especially love singing tight intricate harmonies. Finding someone who's voice blends so perfectly with mine that you have to listen carefully to pick out the harmonies.
6. The smell of desert rain. Watching my kids sing and play in the rain.
7. Getting lost in a great book.
8. Listening to my kids try to repeat the Spanish words when they watch Dora or Diego.
9. Bantering with Jamis.... listening to him talk to himself.
10. Holding my new born babies for the first time.


Aw! Thanks Shalei!

Photobucket

No comments: