Monday, August 3, 2009















How They Met

Lauren and Gavin officially met at Dixie State College in the winter of 2008. For a time, they had been in the same singles ward, but never got a chance to become acquainted. But during the Homecoming tailgate party, Lauren, being a member of the activities committee, served Gavin some cotton candy.
“It was really windy,” Lauren said, “I couldn’t keep the cotton candy under control. It was a bit embarrassing, but I thought it was funny and luckily he had a good sense of humor about it.”
The wind didn’t keep DSC football player, Gavin from getting seconds. “I was her best customer.” Gavin said. “I had never dared talk to her before and now she was a damsel in distress, so I thought I’d take advantage of the situation.”
That created a window of opportunity and few weeks later they started seeing each other all over campus.
“It was finals week and everywhere I turned, there he was.” Lauren said. “If I didn’t think he was so dang cute, I would have thought it was creepy.”
Over Christmas break, they got in touch and decided to get together and make plans for New Years Eve and go to Gavin’s friend’s cabin.
“I was nervous,” Lauren said. “I didn’t know what to expect and I really wanted it to go well. Well…” she said, “It ended up going very well, and we’ve seen each other just about every day since.”

No comments: