Monday, April 2, 2012

Will You Go to the Dance With Me? Part II

Remember this post? Well I found another journal entry, this time about an answer I gave to a boy who asked me to prom.
I was dating this kid at the time and he was a HUGE Lord of the Rings fan, so I thought this would be right down his alley.
Have you heard the prologue of LOTR where the elf, Galadriel,  is explaining the background of the Ring?
Well I thought I'd change it up a bit and made up my own story and recorded it to a CD for him.
{My brother is awesome at imitating voices so he helped by creating the voice of Gollum.}
Although I dont have the actual sound recording, I did write out the script.
First off, a little background on the story...
Me and this boy were in Student Government together. Randall was our advisor, Andrew Shepherd was the SBO President. And {Jeff} Goodrich was a mutual friend. This will all make sense later. . .
Enjoy!

Galadriel:
"It began with the forging of the great rings. Three were give to the lunch ladies, immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings.
Seven to the custodians, great miners and craft men of the Copper Hills Halls.
And eight...eight rings were gifted to the SBO's, who above all desire power. The power to choose their own date.
For within these rings was bound the strength and will to govern each class.
But they were all of them, deceived, for another ring was made.
In the land of Jordan, in the fires of Mount Doom {Aka the boys locker room} The Dark Lord, Randall forged, in secret, a master ring to control all others.
And into this ring, he poured all his youthful exuberance and animal magnetism. And thus, whomever should possess the ring would personify these qualities and make them desirable about all others.
One ring to rule them all.
One by one, the homerooms fell to the power of the ring.
But there were some who resisted.
A last alliance of lunch ladies and sterling scholars joined forces to march against the enemy. And on the slopes of the commons, they fought for the freedom of Copper Hills.
Victory was near, but the power of the ring couldnt be undone. It was in this moment, when all hope had faded that Andrew, son of Shephard, the student body president took up the lunch lady's spatula and gave Lord Randall the Aunt Jemimah treatment.
Randall, the enemy of the free people, was defeated.
The ring passed to Andrew who had one chance to destroy evil forever, but the hearts of men are easily distracted. And the ring of power, having a will of its own, abandoned Andrew on this trip to Washington, D.C.
And some things that should not have been forgotten, were lost.
History became math, math became english and for two and a half periods, the ring passed out of all knowledge. Until when chance came, it ensnared a new bearer.
{Gollums voice: 'My precious.'}
The ring came to the creature Goodrich, who took it deep into the icy depths of the Coldstone Mountain, and there, it consumed him. 
{GV: 'It came to me, my own, my love, my precious.'}
And in the gloom of Goodrich's cave, it waited.
And the ring of power percieved. It's time had now come, it abandoned Goodrich.
{GV: 'Lost! my precious is lost!'}
And now something is happening the ring did not intend...
It WILL be picked up by the most unlikely creature imaginable.
A hobbit. Only a hobbit.
Tyson Glad of Copper Hills.
For the time will soon come, when a hobbit will shape the events of things to come.
This task was appointed to you, and if you do not find a way, no one will.
Farewell Tyson Glad. I give you the spoon of the cafeteria, our most beloved eating utinsel. May it be a scoop for you when all other scoops fail."

He then had to go to Coldstone, where our friend Jeff worked, and pick some ice cream.
Inside I had put a ring that I had engraved with the words, "Yes my Precious."
It was pretty epic if I do say so myself.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Carlie said...

haha I love it! You are so creative!

And I went to Bingham for 2 years so it looks like we were HS rivals! =)