Monday, February 13, 2012

Blessings in Disguise

Ever have one of those days where you just want to go to sleep so the day would be over? Yesterday was one of those days
I feel like I have those more often since becoming pregnant.
Gotta love those hormones.
Gavin has a way of making everything better and for that I will always love him.
A few months ago, we decided we wanted to start a family and it was an emotional time because I had many fears.
I was afraid of how my life would change, whether good or bad. Change is always scary.
I was afraid of all the changes my body would go through.
I was afraid of any complications that could happen.
I was afraid we wouldnt have enough money.
I was afraid I wont be a good mother.

But since experiencing this adventure, my fears are still there, but they are different.

I am still afraid of how my life will change, but I am excited for it and am anxious for this new chapter in our lives.
I am still afraid of all the changes my body has {and still will!} go through but feeling her move and knowing that so many women have done it before me puts me so much more at ease. It is fun to see her grow!
I am still afraid of complications that could happen, of course! But I also know that Heavenly Father will help Gavin and I through anything.
I am still afraid of not having money to pay for all the expenses, but again, my Heavenly Father is there to help us and we have such an amazing support system in our family and friends. I know we will always have the help we need.
I am still afraid I wont be a good mother, but I know that this is what I am supposed to be doing. Sure, there will be times that I wont feel like #1 Mommy but I know I will be giving it everything I got and thats all I can ask.
I am so glad for those little blessings in disguise...



Photobucket

2 comments:

Alexis Kaye said...

It sounds like you're having a lot of faith. Good for you! And you are looking stunning

Anonymous said...

Look at your sweet baby! You make such a cute pregnant woman! (That dress is adorable, by the way...)

I believe you will always have fears and doubts, no matter what stage of motherhood you are in. That's just part of the job. But trusting in God to provide and lead you down the right path is exactly what WILL help. You're doing great, darling!