Thursday, September 1, 2011

Provincial Life

Do you ever get this feeling that you just need to get out of whatever it is you are doing and just run? I dont mean run away, I litterally mean run your little heart out. Do you long to feel the wind in your hair and see experience the nature around you? Sometime I just want to drop everything and find an adventure.
Belle totally says it best in her song,

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell..."

*Sigh*

Somedays {ok, most days} I feel like this.
Especially today.
Today is just one of those days where I feel like the walls are closing in on me and I need to get out, I need to go play and be with those I love and I need to laugh. Oh how I love to laugh.

I love reading books about ordinary people who get carried away into an adventure they'd never expect. These stories make me feel alive, but they also make me sad. Why cant I have mystical and magical adventures like them?
{Dont get me wrong, I most DEFINITELY have had adventures but they are of a different kind.}

I want to run away with my Gavin and be faced with danger {nothing too serious of course!} And treasure! I want to see and discover things no one else has ever dreamed of. I want all these stories in my head to be reality. Sometimes it seems like my chest can barely contain my heart because its beating so hard. Its like it knows there are better things waiting for me just beyond the horizon.

My adventures are what I hold most dear. My greatest adventure so far is meeting my Prince Charming. Every day he makes me feel special. Like I am the heroine in all those adventure stories that I love so much. When I met him, I knew that my {our} adventures were just beginning. I am so excited to see what is in store for us.

 Love... really is the greatest adventure of them all.




Photobucket

5 comments:

Susie said...

Wanderless can be a great thing:-)

Brenda said...

Hi,
Thank you for your sweet words about my blog. totally made my day. I am so glad to have found yours as well I love reading about other peoples thoughts. It gets me thinking too. I get what you are saying about feeling closed in sometimes and just wanting to break free.

Admin said...

I feel the same way sometimes. :)

Brianna Renee said...

I completely agree :) Sometimes, if just for awhile, it would be great to actually experience some adventures that are out of the ordinary in books I read. But love really is the biggest adventure of em all.

Rebecca said...

Just came across your cute blog! I love this post. So sweet.

rebeccawithanR