Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Help

Just recently, I got back from a trip to Cancun and one of the things I love about traveling is bringing a book to read. Then any time I read it again, those words will bring be back to the places I traveled. On this particular trip, I brought along a book called, The Help by Kathryn Stockett.

I have fallen in love with these characters. I love them like I love my own family. I am in awe of their courage and determination to stand up for their freedom. While reading, I cried, and laughed a whole lot more than I expected.
I most definitely recommend this book.

I ALSO recommend the movie {which I saw last night} Usually movies based off of books arent as good as the novel but I was actually really impressed how closely they followed the book. There were only a few things that were missing or different, but I was thrilled how it turned out. 

My favorite part about any story, whether its a movie or a book, are strong and distinct characters; the casting directors did an awesome job getting the actors to play the characters. I  loved them! I think they all did such an awesome job. My favorite was Jessica Chastain's character, Celia Foote. She is a country girl who isnt sure how things work in Jackson, Mississippi and that results her alienation of the society ladies. Loved her. Oh and as awful as Bryce Dallas Howard's character is, I thought she was amazing! I think she is such a talented actress and I LOVE her films but this character is someone you love to hate. I could go on about all the characters and how perfect they were for their characters but blog posts shouldnt be so long. :) Anyway, I loved the book and the movie and I suggest both to you! Have you seen or read this yet? Let me know what you thought!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Favorite book i ever read....saw the movie the other day and loved it!!