Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What I Am Reading

For those who know me well, know that I am a book-a-holic. I love to read and escape into distant, unknown stories and lose myself there for awhile. If someone were to ask me how many books I have read, I wouldnt be able to tell ya. If you were to ask me how many times I have read any one particular book, I wouldnt be able to tell ya either. I would be able to say that its definitely more than once. (If you enjoy a book, why only read it once, right?)





Last night, I just finished The Maze Runner by James Dashner.






I have heard about this book and am sorry its taken me this long to read.





Basically the book is about a boy named Thomas who wakes up in a dark elevator. His memory is blank but the only thing he can remember is his first name. . . But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls. Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every 30 days another kid is sent up. But something strange happens when the first girl ever arrive in the Glade is sent up the next day. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers. Thomas might be more important than everyone expected. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind.



Dun dun dun!!!

I really enjoyed this book, lately I have been really into the weird/post apocalypse/mysterious stories lately. And this book has all three!

I seriously finished this book in a day and a half (Which isnt too odd for me, I am a way fast reader.)



The book does leave off with a cliff hanger (of course!) And luckily, the second book, The Scorch Trials, is out and ready for me to read. Although... there IS a THIRD book that wont be released until the fall of 2011... Do I wait to read the next book so I can jump right into the third? OR shall I just dive right in and read the second, which will most likely end in another cliff hanger and have to WAIT until fall? Does anyone else have these problems? :)



Anyway, I enjoyed it and if you are looking for a good read, this one is fabulous!

1 comment:

Charlie Pulsipher said...

Thanks. You are the second person who recommended this. I may have to go out and get it.